When you come to the world of Avendar, it's a world where role-playing
is not only encouraged, it's required. This means that in any situation
that presents itself to you here, you should do your best to see and
react as an actual person from Avendar would react.This means that you
shouldn't spend your time discussing the real world, but instead
attempting to immerse yourself in the atmosphere of a fantasy role-playing
environment. Think of yourself as an actor, playing a master role in a
great drama. We guarantee this is even more fun than just playing a
For more guidelines, consult the ROLEPLAYING GUIDELINES help file.
For more help on this subject, also see the helps on:
'CHARACTER CREATION' CHARACTERS
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.