Sacrificing to Gods
Syntax: sacrifice <object> <deity>
The sacrifice command allows a character to turn an item currently in the
room with him into a sacrifice to a specified deity. This destroys the item
(similar to the destroy command) and he may be rewarded by the deity in
question if the sacrifice is noticed.
Sacrifices may be performed anywhere, to any deity, by anyone; however,
early sacrifices, even of powerful items, may not incur a response. The
chance of a deity responding increases as you sacrifice more powerful items
to that deity, if you are pious or a sigiled follower of that religion, or
if you perform the sacrifice at an altar to the specified deity. Followers
in better standing can gain more powerful iterations of their deitys favor
with their sacrifices.
See also: DESTROY, RELIGION, WIZLIST
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.