Sanctify Major Spirit Room Effect
Duration : 12 Hours Minimum Cost: 100 mana
Range : Caster's Current Room Recast Delay: 25 Hours
Syntax: Cast 'Sanctify'
Originally used to defend swaths of battlefield, this spell is used by spirit
scholars to sanctify a given locale. When in a sanctified room, those of good
alignment will find their blows land harder, and that they more readily resist
spells. They will also heal from their wounds much more swiftly. Those of evil
heart will find their morale flag, deal less damage, and recover from wounds
more slowly. Spells of the Void cannot be cast within a sanctified room.
A room must have some sort of solid ground underneath for this spell to take
effect, and it may not already be tied closely to the Void. Those possessed by
demonic entities will find it difficult, if not impossible, to enter a room
that has been sanctified. Transportation through the Void either to or from a
sanctified room is impossible.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence, Wisdom
See also: SAVES, DEMONIC POSSESSION, GATE
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.