Sanctuary Major Water Benediction
Duration : Level/12 hours Minimum Cost: 100 mana
Range : Single PC or Mob
Syntax: Cast 'Sanctuary' <target>
The sanctuary spell will protect its target against damage, reducing by a
little less than one-half. Certain types of particularly defiling damage will
negate this warding. Characters under the effects of avatar or cloak of the
Void may not be affected by this spell; similarly, if The Lone Defender song
is paired with sanctuary, the combined effect will be greater than either
individually but less than fully additive.
Primary Attributes: Intelligence, Wisdom
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.