Shadeswarm Path of the Silver Light Attack
Duration: Varies; up to 10 hours Minimum Cost: 35 mana
Range: All shades in room; single PC or Mob
Syntax: cast 'shadeswarm' <target>
By calling upon all shades in the room, a follower of the silver light
may direct them to haunt her foe. While all shades might be so convinced,
evil shades will be more inclined to answer the call, as will goodly shades
if the target is himself evil. The effects of this haunting will vary
according to the power of the shades themselves, but have been known to
include vertigo, confusion, dreadful nightmares, painful magic casting, a
blockage of one's spirit, temporary loss of memory regarding one's trained
skills, and loss of mana as the ghosts wreak havoc on mind and soul alike.
Primary Attributes: Intelligence, Charisma
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.