Shakestride Path of the Wakened Stone Area Effect
Duration: 1.5 + (level / 34) hours Minimum Cost: 90 mana
Cooldown: 10 - 15 hours, varies by skill
Syntax: cast 'shakestride'
The shakestride spell temporarily bonds a mage's feet to the earth, such
that whenever she walks into a new room, the earth will rumble at her feet.
This may knock over people in the room, sweeping them off their feet and
potentially lagging them; however, it will do no damage and will not
initiate combat. The caster's groupmates are generally not exempt from this
effect. No such quaking will take effect unless the mage actually sets foot
to ground; in particular, it will not work at sea or in the air, or if the
caster is flying.
Primary Attributes: Intelligence, Strength
See Also: QUAKE
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.