Shape Matter Major Earth Utility
Duration: Permanent Minimum Cost: 120 mana
Range: Inventory Object
Syntax: cast 'shape matter' <object>
With this spell, a scholar of earth may draw upon his knowledge of
fortifying magics and matter to reform an object, improving it. Weapons
thus shaped gain a bonus to damroll, and armor gains a bonus to hit points.
The process will also render the item moderately heavier.
Certain items -- in particular those too hardened to be destroyed -- cannot
be molded by this working. While a given object may be shaped more than
once, each usage of the spell on a single object carries with it increased
risk of destroying the item.
Primary Attributes: Wisdom, Dexterity
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.