Shell of Stone Major Earth Benediction
Duration : Level/14 Hours Minimum Cost: 90 mana
Range : Caster Only
Syntax: cast 'shell of stone'
Shell of stone enfolds the caster in a thick carapace of stone, granting a
significant bonus to his armor class. It is more difficult to shatter the knee
of someone so encased. Weapons colliding with this carapace have a chance to
break from the impact, those which slash into the stone being more
susceptible. Indestructible weapons are not subject to this.
However, it is a great deal more difficult to move while surrounded by this
carapace of stone, significantly increasing movement costs and occasionally
delaying the caster when he moves.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
See also: ARMOR CLASS, MOVEMENT, NODESTROY
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.