Shiyul's Fury Major Fire Attack
Duration : Instantaneous Minimum Cost: 55 mana
Range : Single PC or Mob
Syntax: cast "shiyul's fury" <target>
Shuddeni legends speak of a fearsome fire scholar known only as Shiyul,
who, if the tales be true, laid waste to large swathes of the Northern
Forest many centuries ago. His wrath was so great that not even the high
priests of Yithoul would dare cross him, and entire villages would tremble
at his approach. This spell, handed down by the scholars of Yithoul for
longer than is recorded, is said to invoke a portion of his mighty fury.
Whether or not the history has been exaggerated, none today doubt the
efficacy of this incantation, which sends a powerful column of fire to crash
into its target. In addition to dealing some damage, the force of the blow
may also lag its target, or even force them out into an adjoining room.
Those who are flying are more susceptible to the force of this magic.
Primary Attributes: Intelligence, Dexterity
See also: LAG
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.