Shroudsight Major Spirit / Major Void Utility Skill
An adept of spirit eventually learns to see past the thin veils
separating our world from the spirit realm, developing an ability known as
shroudsight. This extra sense becomes innate, requiring no special focus to
activate -- with it, the mage will simply see denizens of and travelers
through the astral plane. This sight allows her to see the shades,
phantoms, wraiths and ghosts of the spirit realm, as well as astrally
projected or voidwalking souls. This second sight furthermore permits the
scholar to recognize demonic possessions and demon-bound weapons for what
they are. Many wizened old magi have warned their apprentices about this
ability, for once the eyes opened, that which is Seen cannot be Unseen.
Primary Attribute: Wisdom
See Also: ASTRAL PROJECTION, VOIDWALK, DEMONIC POSSESSION, BINDING RITUALS
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.