Smoke Major Fire Area Attack
Duration : 1.5 Hours Minimum Cost: 40 mana
Range : Caster's Current Room
Syntax: Cast 'Smoke'
This spell floods the caster's current room with a thick cloud of smoke.
Anyone present in the room when the spell is cast or while the smoke lingers
may be blinded by it, including the caster. It is also not possible to scan
into or through a room filled with smoke, and it will impede attacks such as
rays of light, icebolts, firebolts, archery, bolos, and thrown weapons.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.