Solace of the Seas Path of the Waveborne Defense
Duration: 0.5 hours Minimum Cost: 50 mana
Cooldown: 12 - 15 hours, varies by skill Range: Self or Groupmate
Syntax: cast 'solace of the seas' <target>
When all else fails, the Waveborne have been known to wrap themselves in
a protective coccoon of water magics, seeking out the solace of the seas.
While so enshrouded, the caster is immune to all damage, but likewise cannot
cause any harm to another. Furthermore, the serenity he enjoys comes at the
cost of sluggish, slow responses, reducing his combat speed for a long time
even after the immunity has lifted from him. This solace may be imparted to
a groupmate, or experienced by the caster directly.
Primary Attribute: Wisdom
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.