Soulfire Shield Fire/Spirit Benediction
Duration: (level / 12) hours Minimum Cost: 80 mana
Range: Self or Groupmate
Syntax: cast 'soulfire shield' [optional target]
With the intimate knowledge of destructive magical forces gleaned from
her studies in the sphere of fire as well as the familiarity with the ebbs
and flows of mana offered by her spirit training, a mage of both spheres can
wrap herself or an ally in an aura of magic. Should any damaging energy of
non-physical nature strike this aura, a portion of its power will be
redirected to the victim's mind rather than her body. The soulfire shield
has no effect on physical damage. The caster's greater familiarity with the
workings of her own spirit will allow her to make the shield far more
effective on herself than when cast on an ally, redirecting an even larger
portion of the damage. The shield has no effect on a victim who has run out
Primary Attributes: Intelligence, Wisdom
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.