Spectral Lantern Path of the Silver Light Utility
Duration: 60 hours Minimum Cost: 120 mana
Range: Room Requires Quintessence
Syntax: cast 'spectral lantern'
With this spell, a dedicant of the silver light may call forth a gleaming
pale orb to hover between the material and astral planes. As its power is
rooted in the physical world which all shades instinctively seek, so will
they be drawn to it, gradually congregating near it over time. While not an
end unto itself, many a mage has used this singular ability to slowly amass
a near-army of otherworldly beings.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.