Stabilize Major Earth Benediction
Duration: (level / 4) hours Minimum Cost: 40 mana
Range: Caster Only
Syntax: cast 'stabilize'
Stabilize roots the caster in the earth, granting her immunity to
legsweep, trip, mudfoot curse, quake, quicksand, rock to mud, and gravity
well. It also offer some protection against kicks and surprise attacks on
the mage. As this protection stems from the earth, the scholar must be in
contact with it to receive the benefits; in particular, this spell is
ineffective when the caster is in air or water rooms, or when she is flying.
Finally, while stabilized, damage caused by sound is reduced.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
See Also: KICK, TRIP, SURPRISE ATTACK, FLIGHT, MUDFOOT CURSE, QUAKE,
LEGSWEEP, QUICKSAND, ROCK TO MUD, GRAVITY WELL
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.