Syntax: train <str int wis dex con chr hp mana>
TRAIN increases one of your attributes. When you start the game, your
character has standard attributes based on your class, and initial training
sessions. You can increase your attributes by using these sessions at any
It takes one training session to improve an attribute, or to increase mana
or hp by 10. You receive one session per five levels.
What you should train depends greatly on what sort of character you are
playing. Note that characters recieve +2 str and +1 dex upon reaching the
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.