Tuning Stone Minor Earth Utility
Duration: 4.5 + (level / 2) hours Minimum Cost: 80 mana
Cooldown: 8 - 11 hours, varies by skill Range: Target Inventory Object
Syntax: cast 'tuning stone' <object>
Acolytes of earth learn early on to identify the deep resonances of
stone, a knowledge exploited in the creation of tuning stones. With this
working, one such mage may tune an object made of stone to the ground of the
room she is in; for a time thereafter, that object will vibrate whenever
anyone enters that room, regardless of how far away the object may be at the
time. No room may be attuned to more than one object, nor one object to
more than one room. Furthermore, it may not be clear who entered the room,
just that someone did. While the effect will eventually fade, it is
possible to maintain multiple such stones at once.
Primary Attribute: Wisdom
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.