Unshackle Minor Spirit Utility
Duration : Instantaneous Minimum Cost: 65 mana
Range : Target Charmed PC or Mob
Syntax: Cast 'Unshackle' <target>
This spell attempts to dissolve bonds and charms that bind beings to a master,
whether the servitude be willing or no. If the spell succeeds, the once-bound
being may attack its old master, though this is markedly less likely if the
master is of good alignment. Certain creatures will resist this more than
others, in particular specific breeds of drakes which are known for their
loyalty. Additionally, this will disrupt the invocations of a Nightfall
scholar to their symbols, and break a single one of their bonds.
Primary Attribute: Wisdom, Charisma
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.