Ward of Frost Path of Wintertide Benediction
Duration: 12 hours Minimum Cost: 25 mana
Range: Caster Only
Syntax: cast 'ward of frost'
By drawing an icy blanket of frost about herself, a mage can shield
herself from fire damage. The cold of this ward will furthermore
occasionally lash out at those who strike her, attempting to draw the heat
from their weapons, rendering them painful to wield. This protection comes
at a cost, however; its chill is so intense as to regularly -- if mildly --
harm the caster herself.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
See Also: HEATSINK
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.