HOLD REMOVE WEAR WIELD
Syntax: hold <object>
Syntax: remove <object>
Syntax: wear <object>
Syntax: wear all
Syntax: wield <object>
Syntax: wield <object> twohand
Three of these commands will take an object from your inventory and start
using it as equipment. HOLD is for light sources, wands, and staves. WEAR is
for armor. WIELD is for weapons.
WEAR ALL will attempt to HOLD, WEAR, or WIELD each suitable item in your
You may not be able to HOLD, WEAR, or WIELD an item if its alignment does not
match yours, if it is too heavy for you, or other reasons.
By using the TWOHAND argument, you may wield a weapon with two hands even if
it was not made to be used so. Using a weapon in this unintended manner will
cause it to deal less damage than it ordinarily would, but will enable the
usage of skills that require or benefit from two-handed weapons.
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.