Weavecraft Path of the Weavedancer Skill
The path of the weavedancer reveals many secrets to its disciples,
amounting to an unparalleled mastery over the Weave and ways of magic. This
weavecraft permits such a scholar to tap any ley lines, regardless of
whether they resonate with the spheres of his spell. This skill also
reduces the cost of maintaining weavesense.
A mage gifted with weavecraft can furthermore draw the local Weave about
himself to shield himself from harm, reducing the amount of damage he takes.
For physical damage, this reduction is based on the combined power of the
ley lines present; for other types, it is based on the combined power of
appropriate ley lines. In particular, positively-charged quintessence will
shield the scholar from negative, harm, and defilement damage, while
negatively-charged energy will shield him from holy and light damage.
Orderly ley lines will offer reduction to fire, lightning, and illusion
damage, while chaotic ones will protect from cold, sound, and mental damage.
Primary Attributes: Intelligence
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.