Windbind Path of the Windrider Malediction
Duration : Level/4 Hours Minimum Cost: 35 mana
Range : Single PC or Mob
Syntax: Cast 'Windbind' <target>
A more subtle application of the power of the winds than many other spells,
windbind attempts to wrap the target up in strips of air. This may remove the
effects of the haste spell, and will hinder the target's dexterity. One so
bound up by the air will wholly lose the benefits of both the third and fourth
attack skills, and even their attempts to make a second attack will be
Most mobiles will not lose attacks to this spell.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence, Dexterity
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.