Windrider Path of the Windrider Skill
While all dedicants of air are at home on the breeze, those who are
called windriders have a mastery second to none. Flitting about on the air,
these magi draw the power from the wind itself. The rider so trained will
move about with greater facility, incurring somewhat less movement lag. She
will additionally gain effective levels to her air spells in high winds, a
bonus which grows stronger as the wind force increases. Furthermore, she
will be unfazed even by the gale forces of unleased twisters, riding through
them with ease. All of these abilities only come into play if the mage is
actually flying, and not otherwise.
Primary Attributes: Wisdom, Dexterity
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.