Word of Recall Basic Transport
Duration : Special Minimum Cost: 5 mana
Range : Self or Target Groupmate
Syntax: Cast 'Word of Recall' <target>
Word of recall transports its target back to their altar, significantly
reducing their movement points. This spell takes a few moments to take effect,
generally less than half an hour; it can take longer to work on a target who
is currently engaged in combat. Spells such as curse and certain locales may
suppress this spell, preventing it from taking effect; the word might be cast,
but nothing will happen.
Moving to a different room after the spell has been cast but before it takes
effect will also negate the spell.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
See also: CURSE
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.