Zeal Minor Spirit Benediction
Duration : Level/8 Hours Minimum Cost: 35 mana
Range : Target PC or Mob
Syntax: Cast 'Zeal' <target>
Suffusing the target with a fanatic fervor, zeal is a close cousin of the
fire spell frenzy. Like that spell, the target will be able to hit both harder
and more accurately, though his armor class will suffer. Unlike frenzy, one
held by this zeal will fight even beyond the limits of his mortal frame,
allowing his hit points to fall into the negatives. However, the body can only
be pushed so far, and taking too much damage, or if the spell expires while
the target is in such a state will both prove fatal.
It is not possible to cast this spell on someone who is already in a berserker
rage. Those imbued with the fervor of this spell will find themselves unable
to either retreat or cower away from battle.
Primary Attribute: Intelligence, Charisma
See also: FRENZY, HITROLL, DAMROLL, RETREAT, COWER
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.