Age at Creation

Finally, a place for suggestions, but please read the rules and disclaimers first.
Steve the Black

Age at Creation

Post by Steve the Black » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:05 pm

I'd like it if it was possible to adjust your age at creation.

I believe I have brought this up before, but since the creation process is apparently being worked over, I feel like now might be a good time to mention it again.

Basically, I occasionally come up with an interesting idea for a character I want to create, but their background doesn't make any sense for someone who is only a teenager, the age most races start at. Sometimes I have to compromise to make the background work, other times I have to scrap the idea all together. I doubt I am the only person who has had this problem.

What are the chances this would be possible?
TKD

Post by TKD » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:48 am

The issue would be with things like maturity bonus, etc. How many people would just put their characters at mature to get that bonus, shortened lifespan be damned?
Steve the Black

Post by Steve the Black » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:38 pm

Is that really such a problem? Technically you can already create a character then just not actively play them until they are your desired age (whether it be for background or meta-gaming reasons). It's just a matter of patience. I'm just saying that's really annoying and I'd rather just be able to make a character at their proper age.

Part of the problem is, admittedly, I am sick of coming up with backgrounds and motivations for fucking teenagers. I haven't been a teenager in well over a decade. It's getting harder and harder for me to get into that headspace. I'd rather be able to play someone closer to my real age who actually has some life experience to talk about.