[SUGGESTION] Unique and hard to gather magical artifacts should not crumble.

Finally, a place for suggestions, but please read the rules and disclaimers first.
Wendell

[SUGGESTION] Unique and hard to gather magical artifacts should not crumble.

Post by Wendell » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:43 am

I'm not sure if this would have to be a case-by-case coding thing, but scrolls/staffs/wands/potions that are difficult to get should not crumble in inventory over time. Specifically, things like the Scroll of the Void, the black fetid tome (from the Heart of Arisuth's library), potions from Morn witch's cave... There are more, but I forget.
Do ch'taren dream of translucent sheep?

Post by neongrey » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:57 am

Absolutely not, under any circumstances, ever. If you're not using them, they need to be returned to circulation so someone else can. This is literally why the system exists at all.
TKD

Post by TKD » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:02 am

I tend to agree with Neon on this one. The only thing I would add is that their crumble time might be increased slightly. Due to the fact that some of these things are so difficult to gather, you might not want to use it immediately and while it should not be able to held indefinitely(and as such cannot be placed in a container) the rate at which they crumble makes it needed to use them rather quickly sometimes.

I'd rather them stay as they are rather than made to simply not crumble, though. Seems like a hoarder's dream otherwise.
neongrey
Ugh, am I a manager? I think I'm a manager

Post by neongrey » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:06 am

No. Use it or lose it.