Ranger stuff

Finally, a place for suggestions, but please read the rules and disclaimers first.
zeromus

Ranger stuff

Post by zeromus » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:10 pm

Just thought I'd make a ranger thread full of stuff I've noticed from playing it. I've got more but off the top of my head:

* Wildcraft says it can make spears but the command wants javelins. Helpfile needs updating.
* Nock should skip keywords not linked to an arrow. For example, if you're using short arrows and you have anything with the keyword "short" in your inventory, nock will try to nock that item instead of the arrow. This makes actually firing short arrows kind of difficult if you have hand-made arrows in your pack as well, because the only way to fire them at this point is with "arrow" or fussing with targeting the right thing with #. which is frustrating at best in combat.
* Sidestep (vs mobs) doesn't appear to work with the crude net you make from wildcraft. I haven't tested it with other nets yet. (edit: nope, not with other nets either)
* Being able to hit my pet with an arrow while initiating combat is extremely annoying. Several times I've missed and nailed my pet and having no way to recover from getting -20 hr/dr by your own skill's rng for 24 hrs is by far the worst penalty I've observed a class can get from using its own skills, let alone from using a class's "bread and butter" skill.
Last edited by zeromus on Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
zeromus

Post by zeromus » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:51 pm

[TIPS] Destroying a container causes anything that was inside of it to be spilled out onto the ground.
Oh this tip reminded me. Rot_death containers made with tan just eats whatever's inside it rather than dropping it to the ground.