Next Update: Jan 7, 2018. And some merch!

For general discussion of the game.
neongrey
Ugh, am I a manager? I think I'm a manager

Next Update: Jan 7, 2018. And some merch!

Post by neongrey » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:52 pm

Our patrons got this notice a few days in advance. If you'd like to hear cool announcements like this in advance, give to our patreon!

An announcement about the next update:

As you may or may not know, two things are coming up: a) the holiday season, and b) Avendar's 20th anniversary. You may also have noticed we didn't do a November update.

All of these things are related.

We will not be updating in December. I am, however, giving a firm date for the next update, for possibly the only thing in the world that would move me to do so.

Avendar's next update will be January 7, 2018.

What is going to be in that update? Class updates! Plural! (but only one scholar) Daring changes to equipment meta! Content! A new website! Backend changes you'll never need to care about but that will make the game much more maintainable!

Also, you can peruse a neat preview of our new logo and get it on stickers or mugs or something at our new Redbubble. I haven't ordered any other items from them, but I can vouch for the sticker quality; I have a number of them defacing my computer case right now. :) If you want a shirt or an acrylic block or a clock or something else, feel free to reach out and I can add it on.
Steve the Black

Post by Steve the Black » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:57 pm

Are psions finally getting a workover? And what's this about changes to the equipment meta? Can we get a teaser?
neongrey
Ugh, am I a manager? I think I'm a manager

Post by neongrey » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:01 am

Psionicists are not-- they're low priority because even though they do need work they're in a pretty good place in re stopping power vs staying power vs utility. The mentalist category will be expanding once again, however. Barring more feature creep it's looking like one scholar and two classes that are in lousy positions. You could possibly determine one of the classes being reworked by enjoying the discography of the Bloodhound Gang.

As for the equipment meta, certain classes are going to need to prioritize a certain formerly disfavored stat over others and it's going to be significant.
Chak

Post by Chak » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:11 pm

All these exciting changes got me back! Except I forgot my email/username that I used to use for the forum so I had to make a new one lol. Anyways can't wait to see more changes coming!
Last edited by Chak on Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aldras

Post by Aldras » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:20 pm

neongrey wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:01 am
You could possibly determine one of the classes being reworked by enjoying the discography of the Bloodhound Gang.
I actually own the Bloodhound Gang discography. I'm not sure if I should admit that but challenge accepted!
Steve the Black

Post by Steve the Black » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:06 pm

neongrey wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:01 am
You could possibly determine one of the classes being reworked by enjoying the discography of the Bloodhound Gang.
My money is on Druid.