Help with new Ranger changes

For helping other players with the game!

Help with new Ranger changes

Post by gwocher » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:44 am

Hello all,
I am having serious issues with the new ranger changes especially at the lower levels. Getting rid of dual wield and parry has really hindered them. I do more fleeing and sleeping then I do anything else. I also keep dying. I am having a really hard time with the quest where I have to get the Djinn blade for Aldred. Any suggestions on what a good stratedgy is for rangers now since the changes?

Greg WOcher
Steve the Black

Post by Steve the Black » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:55 am

Sure no problem. In reality even without parry they still have 3 defenses just like before. The tough part with Marid is he is indoors so terrain lore isn't active. And although they lost parry, they gained shared instincts but not til 22. New ranger really picks up at around that level. By then you'll have your pet, 3 defenses, tan, and archery all at your disposal. So just hold out a few more levels and you'll be fine.

Archery also gets better and better as you level up. It is usable in round now, so you can keep firing off arrows every round as long as your supplies hold out. And between wildcraft, arrowcraft, and trueshot, your supply of deadly poison bleeding arrows is effectively indefinite. Precision means you are potentially shooting for ===DAMAGE=== every round with a decent bow. It's worth the wait.