[RP] Denlhor tries (and fails) to invest with Emmeline

For posting cool fight and RP logs, and about your dead characters!
Wendell

[RP] Denlhor tries (and fails) to invest with Emmeline

Post by Wendell » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:21 am

I really enjoyed this interaction with Emmeline; she seems a very interesting character, and I'd love to find another reason in the future to interact with her. That said, my attempts to invest in the brothel failed mostly because it is not a shop, so not really open for investments. Either way, it's a short log that I enjoyed, and I'm hoping to remind/encourage people to invest!

[Initial Note}

Lady Emmeline

It has been quite some time since I've been in to visit, but you understand how the life of a merchant can be. I trust things have gone well for you over the last few years? Though I have not been present, you and yours find a place in my thoughts.

It is those thoughts that lead me to writing you this day. I am hoping to strengthen our relationship with an investment in your family. I know you are doing quite well for yourself, but a mind like yours can likely find all manner of ways to improve, with my patronage. At the least, you could use it to smooth over any troubles that some of the more prudish members of the Council may bring you. In return I would seek only a part of the proceeds you are able to bring in with the increased funding, and perhaps whatever rumors you may pick up on the politics in Earendam. There are a few minds that could be changed regarding business practices…

Consider my proposal, and let me know when a good time to speak over this might be.

General Denlhor Cuyeren, Merchant of the Federation

###########################################

# Denlhor offers a bow to Emmeline, saying, 'Good evening, Lady Emmeline.'
#
# <1171(1257)hp 225(350)m 487(487)mv
# 1:00> l woman
# Petite for an alatharya at a mere six and a half feet, the woman known
# only by the professional moniker of 'Emmeline' is still a striking presence
# in any room. Her arms are sleek, muscular with well-defined biceps, the
# silvery skin tattooed with an intricate floral pattern. Silver bracelets
# ring her wrists, the only adornment to her short-nailed hands. Her breasts
# are famously the subject of numerous poems, some of which are even good, and
# they strain against the flimsy silk containment of her dress. Her face is
# deftly made up, not so much concealing as accenting the signs of middle age
# on her face; the crimson of her lips stands bold as a challenge to any who
# dare her. So close, it is hard to deny the raw personal magnetism she has
# used to lead her establishment to success, even drawing the eye of the aelin
# goddess Alil. Rarer still: Emmeline openly bears the sign of that
# attention.
# Emmeline is in excellent condition.
#
# Emmeline is using:
# <worn on torso> a sleeveless dress of violet silk
# <worn on head> a diamond lip stud
# <worn on legs> a thigh-high pair of black leather boots
# <worn on feet> a thigh-high pair of black leather boots
# <branded> (Humming) a red lotus
#
# You say, 'It is a pleasure to see you again. I trust things are going well for you?'
#
# Emmeline nods, pausing to light hercelf a cigarette.
#
# Emmeline holds a slender white cigarette in her hand.
# Emmeline lights a slender white cigarette, and a curl of tobacco smoke roils out.
#
# Emmeline Yeah., 'They are. And you?'
#
# You get an elegant white meerschaum pipe from a patchwork robe.
#
# Tilting her head back, Emmeline tries to form a smoke-ring, but produces only a plain stream of smoke.
#
# You hold an elegant white meerschaum pipe in your hand.
#
# You nod sagely.
#
# A thin curl of smoke floats from the cigarette.
#
# A steady stream of thin smoke continues to waft from the lit cigarette.
#
# You say, 'This have been busy for me, but good. I have missed visiting your establishment. I trust my favorite alatharya man is doing well'
#
# Emmeline chortles, dangling the cigarette between her lips. She says, 'He's got a name, you know.'
#
# Denlhor motions towards the stairwell, saying, 'We've spent more than a few nights together, though he was so far not very forthcoming with such. I considered it part of his mystique.'
#
# A slow cloud of smoke rises from an elegant white meerschaum pipe.
#
# Denlhor hides a smile as he inclines his head, admitting, 'But I suppose it is business that draws me here this evening. I had been hoping you would be amicable towards a patron, an investor to help keep things running smoothly.'
#
# You tap some loose ash from the bowl, then take a gentle puff of the pipe.
#
# Emmeline grinds the butt out into a tray and shrugs, saying, 'Well, you don't gotta ask if you don't wanna know, but that's manners for you. As to the business, let's not beat around the bush, huh?'
#
# Emmeline says, 'So, in short, I'm not.'
#
# Denlhor pauses before admitting, 'That is... unfortunate. Though you have - without a doubt - a fine establishment, I'm sure you could find all sorts of ways to spend my money, no?'
#
# A slow curl of smoke wafts from the end of an elegant white meerschaum pipe.
#
# Emmeline shrugs, saying, 'Ain't about the money so much, and we're not short on income in the first. S a bit more complicated than that.'
#
# Denlhor puffs lightly on a meerschaum pipe, considering your words before saying, 'I can understand where you're coming from, but there are few others I have found worth trusting in this city. Though commerce flows regularly, there are few in a position as strong as yours...'
#
#
# Denlhor inclines his head, admitting, 'There is also the matter of finding someone able to introduce me to those willing to inflict lasting change in this city. Perhaps there is a looser bond we could form, if such interests you.'
#
#
# You puff heavily at the pipe, letting out a breath of throat-burning smoke.
#
# A slender white cigarette burns away completely.
#
#
#
# Emmeline says, sliding a fresh cigarette into the corner of her mouth, 'Strong. A certain kind of strong, but not the right kind for what you want. You're right t'not trust anyone, but I'm not sure you get why. Saevan's got ears down here, 'course he does. Not sure you appreciate what all that means for us. And what it means about you.'
#
# The aromatic scent of tobacco accompanies a curl of smoke from an elegant white meerschaum pipe.
#
# The aromatic scent of tobacco accompanies a curl of smoke from an elegant white meerschaum pipe.
#
# Emmeline shrugs, saying, 'Goodwill gets you why this isn't a negotiation, and some of the politics going on that you were interested in.'
#
#
#
# Denlhor nods his head, saying, 'Very well. I can appreciate your positon in this matter.'
#
# A fragrant scent of smoke drifts from the bowl of an elegant white meerschaum pipe.
#
# Denlhor spreads his hands, admitting, 'I just thought there were few others so well-equipped to hear some of what others may not..'
#
# A fragrant scent of smoke drifts from the bowl of an elegant white meerschaum pipe.
#
# Denlhor suggests, 'Perhaps if you hear something, you will consider passing it along. There can be a return for you, for the efforts involved. Any of the political whisperings that may effect the commercial market here, and elsewhere.'
#
# Emmeline moves to a cigar-case instead, pulling out and waving the unlit cigar. She says, 'I don't truck with adventurers in general and you're an agent of a foreign power in particular. Y'may not think of it that way.'
#
#
#
#
# Denlhor motions with a meerschaum pipe, saying, 'Foreign power? I represent money, and the underlying principles of commerce. That is something at home in every corner of the world, these days. '
#
# Emmeline holds a long, fine Harrudim cigar in her hand.
# Emmeline lights a long, fine Harrudim cigar, and a haze of tobacco smoke slowly fills the room.
#
# You gaze in horror upon your hands, as you are smitten with a plague!
#
# You twitch in agony from the plague.
#
# You eat a Syyris root.
# Your sores vanish.
# You feel better.
# You are now lightly encumbered by your equipment.
#

### This happened all the time during interactions, it was really embarassing… especially in a brothel. =X

#
# Emmeline chortles, politely ignoring the plague, 'Gaald, boy.'
#
#
# Emmeline says, 'And that matters to Saevan, and that matters to whoever's pulling the Head Merchant's strings-- and it matters here. Given some of the clientele I get in here.'
#
#
# Denlhor grinds his teeth slightly, maintain a smile as he admits, 'Fair point. But we are not aggressive in this expansion. We want only to lay the groundworks for something that could benefit all involved.'
#
#
# You tap some loose ash from the bowl, then take a puff of the pipe.
#
#
# Emmeline waggles the cigar, saying, 'Be that as it may, this ain't a place I want mind-readers crawling all over. Bad for my people, bad for business if people get antsy. His lot don't care enough about anyone here t'be subtle.'
#
#
# You nod sagely.
#
#
# Denlhor suggests, 'Perhaps you could merely point me in the direction of one that may be able to push forth the proper propositions, perhaps a noble in need of an infusion of capital?'
#
# You have 22 platinum, 75 gold, 51 silver, 74 copper, and 518600 experience (23371 exp to level).
# You have 8794 exploration points (0 ep to level).
# You are lightly encumbered by your equipment.
#
# With the passing of midnight, it is now Evenday, 27th day of Tyrilis.
#
#
#
# You tap some loose ash and tobacco from the bowl, then take a puff of the pipe.
#
# A long, fine Harrudim cigar burns away completely.
#
# Emmeline says, 'So no, I'm not taking your money, and I'm not able to give you the kind of advice you're after. Some of the artisans up Calvala might be open t'business propositions, but I can't speak t'their finances. And I'll give you this, for goodwill.'
#
# You nod sagely.
#
#
# You say, 'Very well. I appreciate you at least taking the time to consider my propsal.'
#
# Emmeline ashes her cigar and says, 'You may've heard some'f the upset in the guilds lately-- shuffling of leadership, all that.'
#
# You say, 'My ears are unfortunately lacking in this city, actually.'
#
# Emmeline says, 'Remember th'templars all started as mercenary companies-- and the other schools teach nobles, a lot. Old Ristalan retired-- his daughter's a different animal entirely. And the Thrantian is Saevan's. They're factionalizing.'
#
# Denlhor considers this information quietly, processing for a moment before he gives a slow nod.
#
#
# Denlhor offers, 'Very well. I appreciate the tip.'
#
# Emmeline says, 'Yeah. Take care'f yourself. Can't say how long it'll take things t'get ugly-- it's been a slow burn. But it's burning.'
#
# Emmeline grinds out her cigar.
#
# Denlhor offers an elegant bow, saying, 'Thank you again, Lady Emmeline. It was a pleasure to speak with you.'
#
# You tamp on the bowl of the pipe, in time with several short draws. You loose a cloud of smoke from your mouth.
#
#
# Emmeline makes a sharp nod.
Do ch'taren dream of translucent sheep?