Discord, anyone?

You know, that other stuff.
Mandolo

Discord, anyone?

Post by Mandolo » Sun May 08, 2016 5:09 am

Any users of Discord? Anyone interested in us setting up an official Avendar Discord server for us to chit chat in?
neongrey
Ugh, am I a manager? I think I'm a manager

Post by neongrey » Sun May 08, 2016 6:43 am

We're on IRC! At irc.synirc.net #avendar
Mandolo

Post by Mandolo » Sun May 08, 2016 7:09 am

Yes, but Discord has voice chat along with channels. Think Skype + Teamspeak, and it can be used on a cell phone easily.

But thanks for the offer.
neongrey

Post by neongrey » Sun May 08, 2016 8:19 am

There are some great phone apps for IRC too! That said, for a few different reasons it's unlikely we'd offer our official endorsement to a group using this service (but never say never), but, uh, due to some incidents with prior staff that have taken issue to unofficial groups of this nature, I'm gonna put on the official staff hat and affirm that, hey, if you wanna use this service, by all means go for it.
Azurik

Post by Azurik » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:06 pm

Well this is a rather delayed response, but anyone that prefers Discord over IRC can join via the link below.

https://discord.gg/KhTB4CD
neongrey

Post by neongrey » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:16 am

Ok, yeah, the only thing I'm gonna say as far as that goes is if you do the voice chat, voice chat does offer a fundamental advantage over other players. I really don't think we're looking at organized gang-beatings that way at this time so I'm not gonna sweat if you use it, if you're talking about relatively immediate game stuff, ideally a) keep it in game (obviously) or b) keep it in the text.

Basically, y'know, stick within the rules. I'm only gonna make an issue of things if it harms other players' experiences.

At the very least I promise no elaborate sting operations, 'cause, you know, I'm not a jackass.
Aesai

Post by Aesai » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:27 am

PKills: 0 (0) average 0.00 (0.00)

Yeah... because organized gangbangs are the biggest worry about people communicating. :roll:
neongrey

Post by neongrey » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:34 am

Given that elaborate sting operations and a hardline policy against voice comms (including but not limited to character denial and account point loss) have been a thing in the past I would by far rather make the position clear and not have to do anything than say nothing and spring it on people in the event of an issue.
Roadie

Post by Roadie » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:34 pm

Yeah back in the day there were some dbags with ventrillo who liked to organize pks... don't be like those guys.
Azurik

Post by Azurik » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:41 pm

Discord offers voice communication, but it also offers persistent text communication with more functionality than I find using IRC. I don't believe anyone has used voice yet, not that I've seen at least.

And really, if anyone wanted to use voice there's plenty of ways they could have been doing so this whole time.