Earth Templar: Shockwave [fixed]

A good place to stick that typo you found.
TKD

Earth Templar: Shockwave [fixed]

Post by TKD » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:15 pm

You can currently not practice Shockwave at any of the guilds.
Steve the Black

Post by Steve the Black » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:42 pm

Good. Earth Templars needed to be taken down a peg.

Despite there being 25 different classes, those fuckers typically make up like 20-25% of current heroes.
TKD

Post by TKD » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:14 am

Your non-constructive opinion notwithstanding, the point is that they have a skill that had been taken away and replaced with something that they can't practice. You can dislike them all day, but if they, or any other class, has skills or spells they should be able to practice them.
Steve the Black

Post by Steve the Black » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:57 pm

Of course I'm joking. Bugs are not a valid method of balance.

Just sayin, "Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy."
TKD

Post by TKD » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:48 pm

I do think that both of us would agree that Earth Templars are in need of a complete overhaul. That includes devotion. As it is, that isn't going to happen for some time. Having said that, from what I've seen thus far with devotion, it does go up a lot slower than it used to.
Steve the Black

Post by Steve the Black » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:05 pm

I think the problem with Devotion is that it exist at all. No matter how slow you make it, someone with enough time to burn grinding out improvements can eventually get a sizable advantage, disproportionately large to the return on time investments from other classes because it is not limited like nearly all other returns.

The only solution I can see is either remove devotion entirely or put a hard cap on how high it can increase so it is eventually "finished". Favored blade would probably need the same treatment.

That said, if there was a hard cap on the max skill it can gain, the improvements could probably be much faster than they are now because there won't be a concern of it getting out of control.
TKD

Post by TKD » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:26 pm

I'm of the thought that every class should have a devotion style skill. Scholars should be able to make a spell book where they start writing their favorite spells(And improving them!). Watchers have their staffs. The issue is balancing it. That's -always- the issue. One thing that devotion(And favored blade, and any number of other skills and spells that encourage grinding) do is gives people something to do past hero. The problem with them is that they are either useless(The current phantasm), they are overpowered where nothing else is like them, or people would rather just grind than RP.

Then again, we have people who are logging in for an hour a week, hoarding ultra limited gear, grinding for gold and then logging off. So it isn't really any different in the end. There -are- changes that need to be made. I think that ripping devotion out is not the change that needs to be made. I'd rather see everyone get something similar that is similarly useful while also seeing devotion getting overhauled so it isn't broken.
Mother Ducks

Post by Mother Ducks » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:44 am

Congrats on the baby!

I forget, why are the Phantasms so bad? Just because they take a 1000 hours to grind? I never played, but always wondered...
TKD

Post by TKD » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:50 pm

They do no damage. Period. You grind on them, wait the time, and they CAN do harder hits but they don't land them.
Ghostey
The Ghostest with the Mostest

Post by Ghostey » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:15 pm

So far as I know, there is basically a cap on how high favored blade and devotion alike will ever get to now. It was a bit of coding that ninja put in on his massive update, however, we talked about it at length and you'll never see anyone else walking around with a 200% weapon