GTELL REPLY SAY TELL YELL
Syntax: gtell <message>
Syntax: say <message>
Syntax: tell <character> <message>
Syntax: Yell <Message>
All of these commands send messages to other players. GTELL sends a message to
all of the characters in your group, wherever they are, even if they are
sleeping or stunned or dying. ';' and 'gt' are synonymous with 'GTELL'.
YELL sends a message to all players within your current area.
SAY sends a message to all awake players in your room. The single quote (')
is a synonym for SAY.
TELL sends a message to one awake player anywhere in the world.
REPLY sends a message to the last player who sent you a TELL. REPLY will work
even if you can't see the player, and without revealing their identity. This
is handy for talking to invisible or switched immortal players.
See also: help ESAY
See also: help NAME COMPLETION
The FAQ answers basic questions about the game and gives tips for play.
The Basic Commands Cheatsheet pdf is a quick and easy printable reference of basic commands.
You can also check game helpfiles on a variety of topics to guide you through the playing of Avendar. Simply type the topic into the search box (or while in the game, type: help <topic>).
Here's a list of general topics to get you started (type your choice into the box):
- getting started - The basics of Avendar and MUDding in general.
- information - How to get info on yourself and your surroundings.
- moving around - How to move around in the world of Avendar.
- interaction - How to interact with objects and items in Avendar.
- communication - How to communicate with others in Avendar.
- grouping - How to group together with others in Avendar.
- combat - How to engage (and survive!) combat in Avendar.
Be sure to pay attention to the "See Also" located at the bottom of many of the helpfiles, as they often point to other useful pieces of information on the topic you're reading on.