Recent In-Game Changes
You can access this information in-game with the ‘changes’ or ‘changes list’ commands.
- June 2019 Mega Update (part 5)
* Missing due to reach (“the fray”) in combat will no longer lag the character who does so.
* Fixed a longstanding bug in reach checking which caused it to never factor in the length of a weapon, despite code dedicated to doing so.
* When a character at mercy is killed by the one holding them so, they should be processed in a less error prone way.
* Defeating a character with an in-round instant kill technique will now allow the normal looting and corpse destruction processes to occur.
* Echoing for instant kill moves has been altered for consistency.
* Melee attack skills which have no damage message should no longer erroneously cause on-trigger effects.
* Characters can only improve at skills which are higher than 1%.
* The expiry of the ghost affect will now result in death, as it was intended to.
* The recall command is now available to all characters until level 25, extended to all levels with the pious trait.
* Characters will now receive a bonus of +1 intelligence and +1 wisdom upon reaching middle-aged.
* When a character reaches advanced age, they will no longer incur skill percent penalties\; instead, they will accrue a small vulnerability to bash damage.
* The timeless trait, instead of mitigating percent penalties due to age, mitigates the above vulnerability.
* Enchant armor and enchant weapon have both been adjusted to prevent the loss of original inherent bonuses.
* You can no longer recite scrolls while gagged or transformed by an animal aspect.
* Scroll recitation now fails some of the time while deaf, in the same manner as traditional spellcasting.
* Scrolls, wands, and staves now properly respect the nomagic room flag, mirroring that of quaff.
* The pitch command no longer allows characters to target themselves.
* The fill command now searches multiple fountains in the same room by keyword, rather than always using the first one.
* The pour command will now discard containers which cannot be refilled once they are empty.
* Incorporeal characters are no longer able to use the drink command successfully.
* Fixed a bug in which items on mobs with the instant decay or illusion flags would be purged along with it upon death.
* The areas command now properly displays level ranges on individual areas.
* The tips channel is now toggled on automatically for all newly-created characters.
* Added a new toggle, ‘exhelp’, to enable or disable newbie-specific checks (such as additional help or instructions in-game).
* Fixed a bug with lore text display which would cause it to not show the intended lore.
* It’s no longer possible to buy or sell items while you or the merchant you are dealing with are in combat.
* Fixed a bug which caused some high value items to load with no value, making them unable to be sold.
* Significantly increased the amount of time items will remain in a shop before they are purged from the vendor list.
* The amount of money generated per year by owning a stake in a business has been reduced.
* Fixed a bug in which the correct direction descriptions were not being displayed upon character movement.
* Fixed the output of the factions command, so it displays properly when used.
* Reworked the way titles are generated to prevent corner-case crashes.
* Removed a substantial amount of inert code related to server-side card games.
* Web output of rumors, characters present, and other information, should be once again enabled.
* Minor bugfixes, echo corrections, and code optimizations.