Alignment, especially race-restricted alignment, has always been a sticky issue, not just for Avendar but for pretty much every game that uses it. Modern game design has been steadily moving away from alignment as something that is important or even exists due to the baggage and complications to storytelling it introduces. While alignment is baked […]
Recent In-Game Changes
You can access this information in-game with the ‘changes’ or ‘changes list’ commands.
- January 2021 Update
- Alignment restrictions have been removed from: aelin, nefortu, ethron, srryn, caladaran, kankoran.
- Ethos restrictions have been removed from: aelin, kankoran.
- Alatharya can now create as bards or watchers.
- Chaja can now create as bards or druids.
- All bard instant AoE songs, such as feckless nefortu, have had their targeting rewritten.
- Feckless nefortu has a new implementation with changed functionality.
- Harmonize no longer has dexterity and charisma components, and instead scales only on percent.
- Nature’s renewal (druid Firiel totem) has a new implementation to improve its mana restoration.
- Weapons altered by shape timber now restore a small amount of mana on strike.
- Lightning brand can now be cast on others while in combat, like other brand spells.
- Absorb electricity has a new implementation.
- Fire/spirit no longer receives: oriflamme, soulfire shield.
- Fire/spirit now receives: fuse karma, shock diffusion, mindbender, glyph of empathy.
- Holy flame’s functionality has been expanded to add bonus holy damage to numerous major fire spells.
- Water/spirit no longer receives: stone of Salyra.
- Water/spirit now receives: martyr’s shield.
- Martyr’s shield can now be cast on others.
- Annointed one has had its trigger rate adjusted, and additionally improves the bless spell.
- Water/air no longer receives: storm mastery, fog elemental summon, monsoon.
- Water/air now receives: fog aspect, group teleport, spell ripple.
- Brume has new functionality, adjusting the effect(s) of various mist-based abilities.
- Frigid burst has a new implementation to use more modern AoE targeting.
- Fixed a bug in soothing mist which prevented characters from wielding weapons while it was active.
- Tempest has a new implemtnation to use more modern AoE targeting.
- Many major and minor spells have had alternate religious theming based on the chosen religion of the caster.
- The following spells have had their casting line removed: mark of winter, abominable rune, bond of souls.
- Major, minor, and templar spells should now have appropriate lower bounding on duration, in the same manner as druid.
- Word of recall will now allow a character to move from the origin casting room during spell activation.
- Added a god touch for Ashur (not a current creation option).
- Added a sacrifice effect for Ashur (silent meditation) and Vaialos (divine requiem).
- Added secondary sacrifice effect for the Ashur sacrifice if one has the Ashur god touch.
- Fixed a crash bug in gate’s targeting routine.
- Wraiths summoned by speaking Ashur’s name have adjusted scaling.
- Ashur punishment code entirely rewritten to facilitate the above changes.
- Replaced Aranthas encounter in Champions with Yesal-Xea encounter, moved Aliphor to the Atrium.
- Merchant find items notes are now sent by Ysobel instead of Talsikin.
- The BRIEF toggle no longer prevents exploration point gain.
- Added instanced rooms to the Sea Dragon Inn in Gaald.
- Various minor bug and typo corrections.
Alignment restrictions have been removed from: aelin, nefortu, ethron, srryn, caladaran, kankoran. Ethos restrictions have been removed from: aelin, kankoran. Alatharya can now create as bards or watchers. Chaja can now create as bards or druids. All bard instant AoE songs, such as feckless nefortu, have had their targeting rewritten. Feckless nefortu has a new […]
Here are some of the current happenings and ongoing plots going on in Avendar. You may treat this as in-character “heard through the grapevine” knowledge. We encourage anyone who is interested in getting involved in one of these plots to reach out to relevant PCs or NPCs (notes are great; just be sure to include […]
Long-time players may have noticed through recent mobs, god revisions, and included tips that we’re really trying to branch out in a lot of ways what various gender roles mean to the various cultures that we have in play. One of the most interesting things about designing a truly fantastic world is to look at […]
Druids now have a new totem available to them, and additionally, the crysmal totem has been reinstated. Shape timber has had some of its program flow rewritten to prevent some casting oddities. Rotsbane has a new implementation, which expands its targeting ability. Rotsbane now affects characters who are affected by the void templar spell, Gamalean […]
Air templar no longer receives: spear, parry, controlled flight. Air templar now receives: focused precision, mist form, distract. Archery’s in-round quickshot has had its activation lag increased to 1.5 rounds. Lightning brand has a new implementation. Its duration is extended on metal weapons, and reduced on wooden ones. Fire templar now receives: immolate. Firebrand has […]