What quality of life changes would you appreciate in game?

For general discussion of the game.
Steve the Black

Re: What quality of life changes would you appreciate in game?

Post by Steve the Black » Sat May 07, 2016 7:54 am

I guess if you are asking about QoL improvements I'll plug my Bow slot idea again. I really like it.

It would be nice if small amounts of damage didn't undo forced sleep like waylay. Would make it more useful. And being poisoned doesn't help you resist being concussed.

It would be cool if using lighter / smaller weapons improved your dodge chance. It would mitigate a lot of the cost of using weapons like daggers and whips. And it makes sense.

In the other direction, maybe reduce some of the penalties for using non-optimal weapon combinations with parry. Right now it really feels punishing to use anything but the best possible parrying weapons for your class.

Speaking of weapon combinations, we could use more decent two-handed swords, first weapons, and spears (both 1 and 2 handed). Not great, just decent. Stuff that's not crazy hard to get at low and mid levels.

Some of the racial vendors have decent stuff but for some reason everything they sell cost 20 times the price of normal gear. Really limits it's availability.

Oh and maybe make it so you can adjust your starting age. There are a number of roles I have considered over the years that didn't work because they don't make sense if I'm starting as a teenager.

Last thing. Alaths and Chaja can't one hand polearms staffs and spears because of the "balance" according to the helpfile. The first two I get because it fundamentally changes how the weapon is used, but spears? It's a long damn pointed stick.
Tritone

Post by Tritone » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:54 pm

I would really like more in-game aliases. I always hit the limit.
aunes

Post by aunes » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:10 am

Tritone wrote:I would really like more in-game aliases. I always hit the limit.
And account-wide aliases at that. sacn = scan, csan = scan, etc
Ghostey
The Ghostest with the Mostest

Post by Ghostey » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:27 pm

I would like to see adrenaline not cause your healing rates to become total crap, to where it takes forever to heal up during PK.
Acelerital

Post by Acelerital » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:06 pm

I do not really care for the changes to sleep in general. Whether that is due to adrenaline or having to wait the first tick just to get full recovery. I also think that there needs to be some changes to address equipment hoarding.
Steve the Black

Post by Steve the Black » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:19 pm

I actually like the change to sleep that made you have to wait one tic. Without it, tic timing was way to effective once you got good at it. A player could run at 80% of full speed and still get sleeping recovery rates if they knew what they were doing.
Brewksy

Post by Brewksy » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:55 pm

Steve the Black wrote:I actually like the change to sleep that made you have to wait one tic. Without it, tic timing was way to effective once you got good at it. A player could run at 80% of full speed and still get sleeping recovery rates if they knew what they were doing.
Agreed. Sleep timing for healers became a matter of programs instead of a matter of efficiency.
Brewksy

Post by Brewksy » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:15 pm

Acelerital wrote:I also think that there needs to be some changes to address equipment hoarding.
I think equipment hoarding has always been a crutch for very bad players. I don't know how else to say it, but if you feel like hoarding equipment enhances your role in any way and builds a good gaming community, you should really re-think your role.

I'm not talking about the evil guy that holds the twice-blessed gloves, or the thief with a few different types of daggers for different situations. I'm referring to:
holding all of the Titan gear so others can't request it
hoarding every dagger in the game for fun
stashing items at the old auctioneer
using other people to store your items while you're on vacay

I'm not sure how we resolve it, to be honest, but I'm in total agreement with you Acel.
Steve the Black

Post by Steve the Black » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:35 pm

Brewksy wrote: stashing items at the old auctioneer
The auctioneer asking for 10,000 gold for the High Bugs shield is getting really fucking old. I feel like it's been on there for months now.

There needs to be a point where an item will rot just off the auctioneer just like other limited equipment carried by inactive characters will.

You shouldn't be able to safely store equipment indefinitely off you character but putting it up for auction at a price no one will pay.
Mother Ducks

Post by Mother Ducks » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:42 pm

I'm salty because that person can store their shield for forever, but my old character gets a Wand of Wander and fiery gloves on two good spins at Zilba's and puts them up for auction and a few days later they've disappeared and not sold. That's... messed up.