Message window plugin for MUSHclient

For helping other players with the game!
Thayet

Message window plugin for MUSHclient

Post by Thayet » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:49 pm

Hello MUDpals! I am New Cool Person Thayet and after a week and change of playing decided to cobble together a plugin for MUSHclient that will create a small window within MUSHclient where speech, OOC messages, chat channels, tells, etc will be redirected. You can set it to echo strings in the main game window or have it redirect those strings entirely and omit them from the game window. It also has multiple options for timestamping. I did this because I am an aging baby that can't parse battle scroll like I used to and it makes casual roleplaying during things like combat and fasttravel a lot easier.

The main issue is that currently it will catch any line that has a message in single quotes which includes an unfortunate number of helpfiles and part of the login sequence. I am working on a fix for this but it's...not as simple as I thought it would be. Other than that, let me know if you have any problems (like it not catching things it should) and I'll do my best to fix it. (It is also incredibly easy to add or modify things yourself, just add a trigger for it.)

To install it, click on this link here and save it to C:\whatever\MUSHclient\worlds\plugins, and in MUSHclient go to File -> Plugins... and Add.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fopqc79puywon ... w.xml?dl=0
Last edited by Thayet on Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neongrey
Ugh, am I a manager? I think I'm a manager

Re: Message window plugin for MUSHclient

Post by neongrey » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:15 am

This is really handy-- I'm currently working on overhauling the website; do you mind if I post this there when I do?
Thayet

Re: Message window plugin for MUSHclient

Post by Thayet » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:57 pm

That's totally fine! I'll keep the Dropbox file updated as I tweak and fix things.