Enervating Ray Crash Issue [probable resolve; left open in case of recurrence]

A good place to stick that typo you found.
O.M.N.I.

Enervating Ray Crash Issue [probable resolve; left open in case of recurrence]

Post by O.M.N.I. » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:23 pm

It appears Enervating Ray is crashing the game every so often. It may be when landing a killing hit with it, or it may just be breaking something when it weakens the target enough. This is happening when using it on a Greater Void Scholar and I haven't seen the spell do it outside of these occasions, not even when I used it constantly to train it on another character who is a Minor Void. After continually using it on a mob until it died to the spell itself as a Minor Void Scholar, the server remains without interruption, so it seems only Greater (as far as I know) Scholars have this issue. I'll edit this again if I'm proven wrong by the game.

Also, now that I know I'm the one to blame for the crashes yesterday. Apologies, folks, I thought it could have been someone else, but given it happened with two people online and one doing absolutely nothing at the time, it's definitely my fault that the game crashed a good few times.
neongrey
Ugh, am I a manager? I think I'm a manager

Re: Enervating Ray Crash Issue [acknowledged, possible clarification needed]

Post by neongrey » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:49 pm

I suspect this might actually be a crash somehow to do with gloomward mentioned in the salvaged changelogs, one whose cause we haven't been able to reproduce on this end, so this helps.

Please let us know, either here or via the bug command, if this happens again and you weren't in a dark room.
ninjadyne
Implementor

Re: Enervating Ray Crash Issue

Post by ninjadyne » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:23 pm

I think it's very likely this was caused by gloomward and that code has been updated. If you continue to experience issues with enervating ray, let us know as soon as you can. Thank you for your report.