Enaajj Yurinn the Harbinger of Silence (aka Enaajj Clo, aka Eonqa Niopfiq)

For posting cool fight and RP logs, and about your dead characters!
taski
Immortal

Enaajj Yurinn the Harbinger of Silence (aka Enaajj Clo, aka Eonqa Niopfiq)

Post by taski » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:00 pm

Whelp, it was a good, long run. Longer than most, considering Enaajj had an age boost, in addition to a name change and a class change. My initial goal with the character was to get a ranger into Shunned. Due to various interactions, the character spiraled wildly beyond my expectations. She ended up an incredibly old and incredibly batty Nightfall void scholar who died at the modified age of 69 (nice) and the technical age of 91.

Throughout her life, Enaajj was the "strong silent type." She only truly opened up to Syeirah, and only very slowly. She considered her words binding, and she was generally truthful and honorable--which she saw as a character flaw. Despite her shortcomings, she managed some whoppers.

There were two phases of her life, one as Eonqa Nipofiq, and one as Enaajj Clo (and a minor final part as married woman, Enaajj Yurinn). Eonqa was a quiet, serious lawful evil ranger who lived in the woods and believed in nothing. People frequently referred to her as a "simple woodswoman," which absolutely delighted her. Rkal brought her up to hero, starting her contact with the Shunned. After getting in to the house, Eonqa served diligently. I got to defend the house a couple times solo against large groups. Both times ended in defeat, but it was great fun. Ranger is a surprisingly good match mechanically for Shunned, what with a concealment few characters can see, and huntersense for spying on everyone. The house layout is great for defenders with archery. I swapped to void scholar purely for RP reasons.

Approaching the time of her change, the rest of the Shunned characters in Eonqa's life were gone or going, and only her enemies, the Raiders, remained. Eonqa played her name and class change as faking her own death, and she went to great pains to make it look like the "simple woodswoman" had disappeared. It was rough the first few weeks as Enaajj. I had to scramble for symbols as an archmage with at most 65% in all my skills and spells, while not tipping off my old enemies about my identity. If they knew, they could have struck while I was at my weakest. Thankfully, they didn't seem (?) to catch on before they all kicked the bucket-- though it would have been fun if they did.

Enaajj:

Syeirah - My wifey! <3 Literally the only person who could get Enaajj to feel warm fuzzies. It was tons of fun raising Sya from baby void scholar to old crabby crone, and doling out progressively wilder stories. Syeirah played a large part in keeping this character afloat, as Enaajj was already friendless and middle-aged when Syeirah came onto the scene.

Denlhor - Enaajj didn't initially set out to betray Denlhor, oddly enough. When we agreed to divvy up the stones, I was assuming Merchants would have a flood of applicants and become super strong. For a while, it looked like you would. Then, after we settled into an uncomfortable stalemate, Enirrans kept stepping in and stealing Stones from both of us. With a combination of intimidation and tough vault guards, I managed to hang on to the Stones. Enaajj did hand them back a couple times (see: honorable), but hated doing it intensely. Eventually, good sense won out, and I kept them all! Mwahaha! Wish we could have duked it out. I had a couple nukes up my sleeve, but you had hundreds of them.

Various Shunned applicants - My schedule was stuck in the dead of night for a long time. I could play during the day, but not concentrate well due to real life distractions (it was summer and you have to get sun while you can in Washington state). I prefer to talk with applicants a few times to get a feel for them, so I can give them a challenging Task that stretches the character's role. So that combo of bad schedule and needing talk time basically ruined my chances of building up the house. I was trying and you were trying, but real life always finds a way.

Eonqa:

Sueisha/Ghostey - The Task Sue gave Eonqa had an incredibly lasting effect. While Sue and Eonqa may have had differing opinions regarding Ashur, they were united in believing Ashur is the best.

Nenellathys - Eonqa got her new name from something Nenel said. "But within the peach pit lies its propensity for creating itself again, perhaps unassuming at first, there is much to know of the pit itself." Thus Enaajj Clo, or 'Peach Pit' in shuddeni.

Anahkra - We ranked up together. Alchemist was incredibly weak in the low ranks, but I tanked for you anyway, calling you an "investment." It payed off immensely.

Rkal - While I intended to toss Eonqa at Shunned from the begining, it's always nice to have an in-character, personal reason for doing so. Rkal contributed to that. While Rkal was judging Eonqa, Eonqa was judging Rkal.

Olyeasa - Eonqa's plan was to seduce Olyeasa by standing around awkwardly and letting Oly do the work. She was never comfortable with the flirts, but she did care about Oly (marginally), and sent lowbies to keep an eye on Oly after the breakup.

Adran - Mostly just fought you. Good fights, though!

Both:

Vydrial: We were extremely distant the entire time, but I was always curious about your story. Your locate object game was so strong, I had to completely clear out my inventory before switching class and name, so you specifically would not recognize my eq. You were still instantly suspicious of the archmage who appeared out of nowhere.

Leolannen - You bastard! Eonqa was coming round to feeling something other than contempt for you, when you up and stabbed her in the back and joined Raiders. Fun times. Later, Enaajj attacked you pretty much right after she turned into a void scholar. I was still very shaky with the class and forgot vortex was a thing. Leo was one of the few people who could have recognized Enaajj/Eonqa.

Neon - Thank you for hanging out with me late at night, and for wrangling that class change. I never would have considered it without you. Also, thank you for presiding over Enaajj and Syeirah's wedding! <3
taski
Immortal

Post by taski » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:00 am

Boring detail post!

Descriptions!

Since I played Enaajj for a year and a half, and she went through some changes, she had a lot of descs.

Baby ranger:
Though still a young woman, this human girl stands tall and gawkish, at least a head above others. Red-blonde curls frame her long face, similar in hue to the freckles spattered across her cheeks. A headband holds her hair back, forcing the curls to lay behind her gently sloping shoulders. The softness of youth disguises the strength in her arms, and gloves often conceal the callouses on her hands. Even so, nothing can hide the length of her stride.

Hero ranger:
Tall and lean, Eonqa stands a head above most other human women. Her sleek frame is borne aloft by long, muscular legs, and her stride seems fit to devour the land between the oceans. Gangly arms keep apace, flexing often with subtle frustration. Her hands are rough from years of wildcraft, and a ring of strange callouses mark her left palm. Red-blonde curls have been meticulously cropped short over her long, tanned face, and scattered freckles span her high cheekbones like inverted constellations. In softly round eyes, her irises are hazel-grey, a silver lining to the hungry depths of her pupils.

Exdesc palm (the scar is inspired from the Maw of Ptraxsli):
A ring of callouses the size of a mouth has formed on Eonqa's left palm. There, tooth-like marks rest pearly-white against her otherwise pink skin.

Leading Up To The Swap:
Tall and lean, Enaajj stands a head above most other human women. Her sleek frame prowls on long, wiry legs, and her stride seems fit to devour the land between the oceans. On the right, her gangly arm ends with a work-calloused hand. On the left, her forearm ends abruptly and a hand of wispy darkness emerges from the flesh. Blackened veins travel up what remains of her left arm, continuing up her neck to be concealed by her hair. Peach-colored curls loosely hide the left side of her face, but where visible, her face bears signs not only of age, but enervation. Her freckled cheeks are wan and gaunt, and dark circles lurk beneath her pale grey eyes.

Exdesc of the hand (stayed the same after this):
Halfway down Enaajj's left forearm, the flesh ends abruptly. In place of skin, muscle, and bone, a black flame pours forth to take the shape of a sinister hand. The adumbrated blaze shifts and flickers, yet the ghostly digits hold as firm as ever. At her lightless fingertips, tongues of flaming night dance in dark sublimation.

Around The Swap (I literally just swapped name from Eonqa to Enaajj):
Tall and lean, (Eonqa/Enaajj) stands a head above most other human women. Her sleek frame prowls on long, wiry legs, and her stride seems fit to devour the land between the oceans. On the right, her gangly arm ends with a work-calloused hand. On the left, her forearm ends abruptly and a hand of wispy darkness emerges from the flesh. Blackened veins travel up what remains of her left arm, continuing up her neck to be concealed by her hair. Peach-colored curls loosely hide the left side of her face, but where visible, her face bears signs not only of age, but enervation. Her freckled cheeks are wan and gaunt, and dark circles lurk beneath her pale grey eyes.

Ancient:
Tall and lean, Enaajj's ancient frame bears evidence of decades of weapon strikes and malefic spells. Layered amongst the battle scars lay intricate, self-inflicted wounds, clearly of an arcane purpose. On the left, her forearm ends abruptly and a hand of wispy darkness emerges from the flesh. Blackened veins travel up what remains of her left arm, continuing up her neck to be concealed by her hair. Silver curls frame her face, and freckles spatter her creased cheeks. In softly round eyes, her irises are hazel-grey, a silver lining to the hungry depths of her pupils.

CRUNCHY STUFF:

Ranger:

Level 1: axe 100% dagger 96%
mace 100% spear 100%
sword 100% dodge 100%
hand to hand 100%
Level 2: dirt kicking 100%
Level 3: swim 100% endurance 100%
Level 4: find water 84% forage 100%
Level 5: enhanced damage 100% fast healing 100%
Level 6: dual wield 100%
Level 7: farsight 100% trip 98%
Level 8: parry 100%
Level 9: sharp vision 96%
Level 10: poultice 98%
Level 11: encamp 83% wildcraft 100%
Level 12: second attack 100%
Level 13: lunge 100%
Level 14: aggression 100%
Level 15: drag 67% cook 77%
Level 16: disarm 100%
Level 17: terrain lore 100%
Level 18: third attack 100%
Level 19: bash 100% archery 100%
Level 20: ambush 100%
Level 21: tan 86%
Level 22: predatory attack 100%
Level 23: arrowcraft 100%
Level 24: meditation 100% creature lore 100%
Level 25: huntersense 100%
Level 26: entangle 100%
Level 27: precision 93%
Level 28: stash 75% retreat 100%
Level 29: pounce 100%
Level 30: sidestep 79%
Level 31: scouting 93%
Level 32: ready 75%
Level 34: camouflage blind 75%
Level 35: shadow ward 65% dark insight 69%
demonic focus 70%
Level 36: trackless step 100%
Level 38: trueshot 92%
Level 40: maul 100%

/--------------------------------------------------------------------------\
| Eonqa Niopfiq the Lady of the Hunt |
\--------------------------------------------------------------------------/
/-------------\/-----------------------------------------------------------\
| Str: 20(19) || Race: human Class: ranger Level: 51 |
| Int: 20(20) || Sex : female Age : 52 (old) Hours: 459 |
| Wis: 23(23) || |
| Dex: 20(19) || Hit : 937/937 Experience : 518763 Hitroll: 28 |
| Con: 20(19) || Mana: 809/809 Exper/level: 23208 Damroll: 37 |
| Chr: 14(14) || Move: 478/478 Exploration: 8873 Saves : -39 |
\-------------/\-----------------------------------------------------------/
/-------------------------------------\/-----------------------------------\
| Armor || Pracs : 6 Trains : 0 |
| Piercing: -30 (barely protected) || Weight: 217 Max Weight: 420 |
| Bashing : -37 (barely protected) || Items : 37 Max Items : 91 |
| Slashing: -37 (barely protected) || Wealth: 8p 13g 24s 35c |
| Magical : -34 (barely protected) || Align.: Lawful Evil |
| Encumbrance: lightly encumbered || Karma : Dark Red Aura |
\-------------------------------------/\-----------------------------------/
| You were born at 12 o'clock am, Endenday, 7th day of The Reaping. |
| Your wimpy value is set to 153 hit points. |
| You are flying (magically). |
| You are a light sleeper. |
| You can conceal yourself amongst the foliage. |
| You can move without disrupting your camouflage. |

Nightfall:

Level 1: dagger 100%( 80%) staff 100%( 80%)
whip 100%( 80%)
Level 3: wands 66%( 46%)
Level 4: gloomward 100%( 80%)
Level 5: scrolls 78%( 58%)
Level 6: meditation 100%( 80%)
Level 7: staves 82%( 62%)
Level 9: inscribe 81%( 61%)
Level 12: warding weapon 100%( 80%)
Level 16: second attack 100%( 80%)
Level 18: trance 100%( 80%)
Level 22: haggle 73%( 53%) script mastery 75%( 55%)
Level 23: scion of night 100%( 80%) sign of flesh 95%( 75%)
Level 25: fast healing 100%( 80%)
Level 30: shadow ward 65%( 45%)
Level 31: fell purpose 100%( 80%)
Level 32: shroudsight 100%( 80%)
Level 35: demonic focus 100%( 80%)
Level 37: witherpox 79%( 59%)
Level 40: dark insight 100%( 80%)

Level 1: 54% 15 mana enervating ray
Level 2: 80% 5 mana armor
Level 3: 80% 5 mana detect invis
Level 4: 80% 50 mana blacklight
Level 6: 80% 5 mana blindness
Level 8: 59% 20 mana curse
Level 10: 80% 5 mana invisibility
Level 11: 80% 70 mana Yithmakra's chosen
65% 15 mana scan
Level 13: 80% 20 mana spectre
Level 14: 80% 15 mana shadow barbs
Level 15: 76% 60 mana protective shield
Level 17: 80% 12 mana shield
Level 18: 80% 20 mana plague
Level 19: 66% 50 mana summon
Level 20: 80% 20 mana drain
Level 21: 80% 35 mana defile defenses
Level 24: 80% 20 mana locate object
Level 25: 73% 5 mana word of recall
Level 26: 53% 70 mana planar barrier
Level 27: 47% 24 mana abominable rune
Level 28: 80% 50 mana cloak of the void
Level 29: 80% 80 mana gate
Level 30: 80% 100 mana shroud of Nyogthua
80% 125 mana symbolic empowerment
80% 10 mana sever bond
Level 33: 52% 90 mana harvest of souls
Level 34: 51% 30 mana nightfears
Level 35: 80% 35 mana dread wave
Level 36: 63% 150 mana scrit of Kaagn
Level 38: 71% 35 mana agony
Level 39: 58% 70 mana desecration
Level 40: 51% 100 mana vortex
75% 175 mana greater demon summon
Level 41: 80% 40 mana power word fear
Level 43: 61% 80 mana demilich
Level 45: 45% 50 mana compact of Logor
Level 47: 47% 30 mana nightstalk
Level 49: 55% 80 mana profane flesh
Level 51: 45% 70 mana aura of silence

| Enaajj Yurinn the Harbinger of Silence, Keeper of the Scrolls of Logor |
/-------------\/-----------------------------------------------------------\
| Str: 20(15) || Race: human Class: void scholar Level: 51 |
| Int: 20(20) || Sex : female Age : 68 (ancient) Hours: 1080 |
| Wis: 23(23) || |
| Dex: 20(15) || Hit : 834/977 Experience : 518763 Hitroll: 31 |
| Con: 20(17) || Mana: 948/1058 Exper/level: 23208 Damroll: 28 |
| Chr: 18(14) || Move: 458/489 Exploration: 10242 Saves : -37 |
\-------------/\-----------------------------------------------------------/
/-------------------------------------\/-----------------------------------\
| Armor || Pracs : 0 Trains : 0 |
| Piercing: -127 (very protected) || Weight: 277 Max Weight: 420 |
| Bashing : -129 (very protected) || Items : 40 Max Items : 91 |
| Slashing: -130 (very protected) || Wealth: 49p 58g 298s 443c |
| Magical : -107 (very protected) || Align.: Lawful Evil |
| Encumbrance: unencumbered || Karma : Black Aura |
\-------------------------------------/\-----------------------------------/
| You were born at 12 o'clock am, Endenday, 7th day of The Reaping. |
| Your wimpy value is set to 187 hit points. |
| You have a magical aptitude. |
| You can obscure your spellcasting. |
| You are a light sleeper. |
TKD

Post by TKD » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:16 pm

Awesome all around. I do miss RPing with Eonqa. One day, when Ive better internet and more time, I'll be back. I do miss Avendar so.
Plaxmanta

Post by Plaxmanta » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:52 pm

I played Leolannen and I just wanted to say it was fun interacting with you on every level. I actually didnt think you'd attack me right after becoming a raider because we were in the open and you had nothing prepped. And after killing you in the canyon to only have the rogue slay me for hitting him I knew I'd never get a chance like that again. Oddly enough at the time a bunch of people suddenly became heroes and I never even considered you to be Enaajj. Even so Eonqa was great and best of luck to your next character.