Test of Reaping

For general discussion of the game.
DawnrazorDCLXVI

Test of Reaping

Post by DawnrazorDCLXVI » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:45 pm

When I harvest from the tree, and give the fruit to Valdrunk, nothing happens. I have attempted to reply, "yes" to his quest, and he still does not respond. Is this a bug?
"'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds."
DawnrazorDCLXVI

Post by DawnrazorDCLXVI » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:10 pm

Also, I delivered a note to Laoti, not sure how to get my reward from Arafis. Help?
DawnrazorDCLXVI

Post by DawnrazorDCLXVI » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:10 pm

One more thing: the magic mouth in the school of heroes that asks you about Avendarian history: does it reward anything worthwhile? P.S. Feel like the tome of history should be in the same room as the mouth. If you leave the mouth to read more of the tome, the quest remains incomplete, even if you answer the mouth's questions.
taski
Immortal

Post by taski » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:18 am

We have a new quest system! See 'help task' or the task commands cheetsheet post for more.

Like all task mobs, Valdruk responds to the 'begin' command. That starts the task. Most of the rest of the School of Heroes mobs also respond to 'say yes', but Valdruk does not. He only responds to the new command.

To finish Arafis' task, go back to him and type the 'complete' command.

All of this is explained in OOCs in the school if you have new player help on. You can turn it on with 'exhelp' to see newbie help on existing characters.

The mouth does forget you if you go check the book. It rewards a little xp if you can answer its questions on the spot. You can try that task as many times as you want.
DawnrazorDCLXVI

Post by DawnrazorDCLXVI » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:53 pm

taski wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:18 am
snip
Thanks so much!